SurForce offers training on all aspects of the SFA through a training program called SFA Boot Camp
- One-on-one or small groups
- Training in new-attachments
- Fully customized training programs
The primary goals of the training:
- Support situations where there is an SFA-user continuity gap
- Maximize SFA training efficiency by handling basic training off-site, thereby not impacting busy SFA labs with initial user training
A new user is brought through all aspects of SFA use, including:
- Complete ‘empty-table’ setup
- Mica handling
- Surface preparation
- FECO data-acquisition and data-reduction
How it works:
- Training is modeled after a ‘practicals’ approach cycling between demonstration and drill practice.
- Upon completion, all the necessary SFA basic training will have been learned with the new user ready for productive SFA experimentation.
- This service can can be added to instrument quotes also, so new-adopters can get training costs included up front.
Click here to let us know about your training needs.
“I have benefited a lot from the one-month-training program, not only have I made significant progress on SFA fundamentals, but also have learned a lot about how to think and solve problems. Now I can capture normal force runs and process the data. I was very surprised when I got the training certificate! Thanks SurForce!“
– Tianyi Han, Tsinghua University, Department of Mechanical Engineering